NOTE: If you arrived at this page without seeing a menu, please click on this link - www.hotheads.com.au - to open the entire Hotheads website in a new window.
The author asserts his right to publish this information in the public interest
No responsibility is taken for consequences resulting from using any information contained herein
SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT DELUDED FOOLS
- That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
- Owners of dogs will have noticed that if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realise that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.
- Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.
- Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
- If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
- Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
- Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- The Bible has noble poetry in it and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity and upwards of a thousand lies.
If it turns out that there is a God, the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.
One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously, but to take it seriously one must be already mad.
- When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called a religion.
Robert M Pirsig
- Agnostics are just atheists without balls.
- A cult is a religion with no political power.
- Civilisation will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest.
- We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes.
- The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.
- Be sure to lie to your kids about the benevolent, all-seeing Santa Claus. It will prepare them for an adulthood of believing in God.
- Who knew that the devil had a factory where he made millions of fossils, which his minions distributed throughout the earth, in order to confuse my tiny brain?
- If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.
- A preoccupation with the next world clearly shows an inability to cope credibly with this one.
Richard K Morgan